- another of the time, as assessed by an atomic clock, included with or omitted from official timekeeping systems annually to compensate for changes in the rotation for the planet.
- a moment period put into the season sporadically to pay for difference when you look at the rate of world's rotation in accordance with the absolute standards period.
- a second (as calculated by an atomic time clock) added to or subtracted from Greenwich Mean Time being make up for slowing in the Earth's rotation
- Definition for "leap second"
- another of the time, as assessed by an…
- View More
- Hypernym for "leap second"
- Etymologically Related for "leap second"