- any one of various chiefly exotic flowers for the genus Plumbago, having groups of variously coloured flowers.
- any one of a number of similar flowers.
- Any of various maritime herbs of the genus Plumbago, some of which have lead-coloured spots on the leaves or nearly lead-coloured flowers.
- A genus of maritime herbs (Plumbago). Plumbago Europæa has lead-colored spots on the leaves, and nearly lead-colored flowers.
- An herbaceous plant of southern Europe, Plumbago Europæa.
- By extension, any plant of the genus Plumbago, of the order Plumbagineæ.
- a plant of the genus Plumbago with blue flowers
Sentence for "leadwort"
- Dr. Oswald has employed the alcoholic…
Hypernym for "leadwort"
Cross Reference for "leadwort"