- (of an employer) To dismiss (workers) from work, e.g. at a time of reduced company volume, frequently with a severance package.
- (of a bookmaker) To place all or part of a bet with another bookmaker in order to reduce risk.
- To cease, stop, stop (doing anything).
- to avoid bothering, irritating, teasing, pestering, pressuring, being hostile with, or hovering over some body; to leave (some body) alone.
- dismiss, usually for economic explanations
- stop a situation or an activity
Sentence for "lay off"
Synonym for "lay off"
Hyponym for "lay off"
Urban Dictionary for "lay off"