- to quit, surrender, or yield (e.g. a weapon), typically by placing it on a lawn.
- To deliberately just take a fall while driving a motorcycle, to avoid an even more serious collision.
- To specify, institute, enact, assert securely, state authoritatively, establish or formulate (rules or policies).
- To stock, shop (e.g. wine) for future years. See additionally lay-by.
- To give up, especially in the phrase "to lay-down a person's life."
- To lie down; to place yourself in a reclined or horizontal place, on a bed or comparable, for the intended purpose of resting.
- institute, enact, or establish
Sentence for "lay down"
Quotes for "lay down"
- "When we can lay down our…"
Urban Dictionary for "lay down"