- A body of maxims and laws put on commercial deals and deriving from founded customs of merchants and traders rather than the jurisprudence of a particular nation or state.
- something of principles where trade and commerce are regulated; -- deduced from customized of merchants, and managed by judicial decisions, as additionally by enactments of legislatures.
- the human body of principles applied to commercial transactions; produced by the methods of dealers rather than from jurisprudence
- Definition for "law merchant"
- Hypernym for "law merchant"