- A series of sensory pores across the mind and sides of fish many amphibians wherein water currents, vibrations, and pressure modifications are recognized.
- an expression organ of a fish operating lengthwise down each of its edges through the vicinity of the operculum to your root of the tail, regularly detect action and vibration in surrounding liquid.
- feeling body organs of fish and amphibians; thought to detect stress alterations in the water
- in fishes, a line of physical organs along either region of the human body, usually marked by a distinct line of color.
Hypernym for "lateral line"
Sports Dictionary for "lateral line"
- The row of extremely sensitive cells…