- A decorative flap or loose fold on a garment or headdress.
- A flaplike framework, like the wattle of a bird or even the lobe associated with the ear.
- a little ornamental fold or flap, particularly of lace or muslin, in a garment or headdress.
- a tiny decorative fold or flap, esp. of lace or muslin, in a garment or headdress.
- An obsolete as a type of lap.
- In biology, a little lobe-shaped organ, including the lappets of specific nemertean larvæ, etc.
- identical to tegula.
- In paleontology, an ear-like crest created in a few nautiloid cephalopods, as Lituites and Ophidioceras, by an extension of horizontal margins associated with the aperture for the shell.
- a fleshy wrinkled and sometimes extremely colorful fold of epidermis hanging through the throat or throat of particular birds (birds and turkeys) or lizards
- medium sized hairy moths; larvae are lappet caterpillars
- a little lap on a garment or headdress
- To decorate with, or as though with, lappets.
- To decorate with, or just like, a lappet.
- somewhat lap, flap, or pendant, particularly on a coat or a head-dress.
- In ornithology, a wattle or other fleshy process holding from a bird's head.
- One of particular bombycid moths, as Lasiocampa quercifolia: an English book-name. The small lappet is
- to pay for with or as with a lappet.
- Definition for "lappet"
- A decorative flap or loose fold on a…
- View More
- Sentence for "lappet"
- The mountains support a population of…
- View More
- Hypernym for "lappet"
- Cross Reference for "lappet"
- Form for "lappet"
- Same Context for "lappet"