- one which features or perhaps is formed like a tongue.
- a tongue-shaped apply, especially:
- a narrow tongue of land
- a tongue-like organ entirely on specific tunicates
- Anything resembling the tongue in kind or workplace; specif., the slip of metal in an organ pipe which transforms the existing of air toward its lips.
- That part of the hilt, in some kinds of swords, which overlaps the scabbard.
- anything in the form of just a little tongue.
- particularly— A thin slip or tongue of metal put to preserve the mandatory room amongst the two blades of a comb-cutters, saw, the strip being associated with width associated with teeth required in brush. Also referred to as languid. E. H. Knight.
- On a sword-hilt, a little hinged bit of metal which transforms straight down over the scabbard. Also called linguet.
- In music, same as languette, 2.
- In zoology, one of the a number of small tongue-like or tentaculiform procedures on a longitudinal ridge along the center type of the pharyngeal cavity or branchial sac of an ascidiau.
- In entomology, just like languette, 3 .
Definition for "languet"
- one which features or perhaps is formed like…
- View More
Sentence for "languet"
- The swords have a simple crossguard…
- View More