- some of the bivalve mollusks associated with the class Lamellibranchia, such as the clams, scallops, and oysters. Also referred to as pelecypod.
- any marine or freshwater bivalve mollusk, regarding the course Lamellibranchia; includes the clams, scallops and oysters
- among the Lamellibranchia (also called Pelecypoda). Additionally used adjectively.
- among Lamellibranchiata, as any ordinary bivalve mollusk. In addition lamellibranchiate.
- marine or freshwater mollusks having a soft human anatomy with platelike gills enclosed within two shells hinged collectively
- Of or relating to lamellibranchs.
- Having lamellate gills; pertaining to the Lamellibranchiata, or having their particular characters.
Sentence for "lamellibranch"
- Jackson's  work on the mechanical…
Equivalent for "lamellibranch"