Definition for "lame duck"
- An elected officeholder or team continuing in company…
Sentence for "lame duck"
Hypernym for "lame duck"
Urban Dictionary for "lame duck"
- An elected officeholder or team continuing in company during the duration between failure to win an election while the inauguration of a successor.
- An officeholder who's chosen not to ever run for reelection or perhaps is ineligible for reelection.
- An ineffective individual; a weakling.
- an individual or thing that's helpless, ineffective or disabled.
- An elected authoritative who may have lost the present election or perhaps is not entitled to reelection and is establishing time until making workplace.
- See under Lame.
- an elected official nonetheless in office yet not slated to continue
- Any company owner who's offering completely a term after a replacement was selected.