Definition for "lair"
Sentence for "lair"
Synonym for "lair"
Verb Forms for "lair"
Phrases for "lair"
Rhyme for "lair"
Hypernym for "lair"
Same Context for "lair"
Urban Dictionary for "lair"
- A private and comfortably furnished room…
- The den or home of a wild animal.
- A den or hideaway.
- outdated A resting spot; a couch.
- A place inhabited by a wild pet, frequently a cave or a hole when you look at the surface.
- a spot populated by an unlawful or crooks, a superhero or a supervillain.
- A place in which to rest or sleep; particularly, the sleep or settee of a wild creature.
- A burying destination.
- A pasture; occasionally, food.
- A place for which to lay or sleep; a bed; a couch: now utilized just of, or with figurative reference to, the den or resting-place of a wild monster.
- A litter, since rabbits; a stock.
- An open pasture; a field.
- Aportion of a burying-ground affording space sufficient for one or more graves; a burial-plot.
- A Scotch as a type of lore.
- Clay; planet.
- Mire; a bog; a quagmire.
- Soil; land; ground: within sense most likely confused with lair, 3.
- the habitation of wildlife
- To sink whenever wading in snow, dirt, or quagmire.
- To put or have added a lair or den.
- To shelter; hold as in a lair.
- To lie (on); sleep inactively.
- To enter a lair; lie-down (in); lurk.