- top of the area of the cochlear duct.
- an equivalent construction, shaped like a flask, that's a hearing organ in certain vertebrates.
- The terminal the main cochlea in wild birds & most reptiles; an appendage of this sacculus, corresponding to your cochlea, in fishes and amphibians.
- In Roman antiquity, a wine-vase; an amphora.
- A vase of bottle-shaped type, generally speaking in unfamiliar products, as Levantine, Persian, or the like.
- The saccular extremity of the cochlea in a few associated with vertebrates below animals, as a bird, in which ramify the best filaments of this auditory nerve.
- In zoology: The Standard genus of Lagenidæ. A genus or subgenus of mollusks associated with family members Fasciolariidæ.
Sentence for "lagena"
- Its extremities are closed; the upper…