Definition for "lacrymal"
Sentence for "lacrymal"
Cross Reference for "lacrymal"
Same Context for "lacrymal"
Variant for "lacrymal"
- Alternative spelling of lachrymal.
- See lachrymatory, n., and lachrymal, a.
- In anatomy and physiology, of or regarding rips; secreting rips; conveying tears: as, the lacrymal device.
- One of the bones associated with the face in vertebrates; in guy, the os unguis, or nail-bone, so named from its resemblance in size and form to a human finger-nail.
- Same as lacrymatory.
- plural Tears; a fit of weeping.
- In ichthyology:
- A bone horizontal into ethmoid in fishes, the prefrontal: maybe not homologous utilizing the bone labeled as ‘lacrvmal’ by Parker.
- A bone while watching attention in fishes, part of the suborbital ring; the preorbital: maybe not homologous with the bone tissue called ‘lacrymal’ by Geoffroy.