- a product used to identify some thing or someone, as a tiny piece of paper or cloth attached to an article to designate its origin, owner, contents, use, or location.
- A descriptive term; an epithet.
- a unique title or trademark distinguishing something or manufacturer, especially a recording company.
- Architecture A molding over a door or screen; a dripstone.
- Heraldry A figure in a field comprising a narrow horizontal bar with a number of pendants.
- Chemistry See tracer.
- a little solution or indication providing information about some thing that it is affixed or meant to be affixed.
- A name provided to one thing or you to definitely categorise all of them within a certain social team.
- an organization that offers files.
- A user-defined alias for a numerical designation, the reverse of an enumeration.
- A named devote origin code that can be jumped to using a GOTO or equivalent construct.
- A tassel.
- A slip of silk, paper, parchment, etc., attached to everything, and showing, typically by an inscription, the articles, ownership, location, etc..
- A slip of ribbon, parchment, etc., mounted on a document to put up the appended seal; additionally, the seal.
- A writing annexed by means of inclusion, as a codicil put into a will.
- A barrulet, or, hardly ever, a bendlet, with pendants, or points, generally three, especially utilized as a mark of cadency to differentiate an eldest or just son while his dad remains living.
- A brass rule with places, formerly utilized, in connection with a circumferentor, to just take altitudes.
- The name today generally speaking fond of the projecting molding because of the sides, and across tops, of open positions in mediæval design. It constantly features a square form, like in the example.
- In mediæval art, the representation of a band or scroll containing an inscription.
- a tiny loosely dangling flap; specifically, a pendant like a diverse ribbon dangling from a head-dress; a lappet.
- In heraldry:
- One of the ribbons that hang down from a miter or the electoral top. See infula, 3 .
- A fillet resembling a barrulet with three or even more pendent drops or things, of initially right with parallel edges, but they are today usually shaped like a dovetail.
- A slip of paper or just about any other product, bearing a name, name, address, or the want, attached to one thing to point its nature, articles, ownership, location, or other particulars.
- A narrow slip of parchment or report, or a ribbon of silk, affixed to a diploma, deed, or any other formal writing, to carry the appended seal.
- In law, a paper annexed to a will by way of addition, as a codicil.
- a tiny reserved room in a work of art, or perhaps the like, developing a panel or cartouche, employed for containing a name, monogram, or any other mark for identification.
- In medieval structure, a projecting tablet or molding over a door or window. See dripstone, Also called label-molding.
- a lengthy, thin brass guideline, with a little sight at one end and a centerhole on various other, widely used with a tangent line from the side of a circumferentor, to take altitudes, etc.
- edge; verge; marge.
- In botany, identical to labellum, 1.
- an identifying or descriptive marker that's mounted on an object
- trade name of an organization that produces music recordings
- a radioactive isotope which is used in a compound being track the process of a chemical reaction
- a brief information provided for functions of recognition
- to spot or designate with a label; describe or classify: labeled them Yuppies. See Synonyms at mark1.
- Chemistry to include a tracer to (a compound).
- To affix a label to; to mark with a name, etc..
- To affix in or on a label.
- To put a label (a ticket or indication) on (something).
- to provide a label to (somebody or something) so that you can categorise that person or thing.
- assign a label to; designate with a label
- pronounce judgment on
- distinguish (as a compound or molecule) by introducing a labeled atom
- connect a tag or label to
- distinguish (an element or atom) using a radioactive isotope or an isotope of unusual mass for tracing through chemical responses
- To affix a label to; level with a label: as, to label a package is despatched by express.
- To designate or explain by or on a label; characterize by inscription: as, the bottle ended up being labeled poison.
- To set forth or describe in a label (when you look at the legal feeling).
- In design, to provide with labels or hood-moldings. See label, n., 7.
- Definition for "label"
- a product used to identify some thing or…
- View More
- Sentence for "label"
- The must-win label is overused, but…
- View More
- Quotes for "label"
- "I would be a huge hypocrite…"
- View More
- Synonym for "label"
- Verb Forms for "label"
- Phrases for "label"
- Rhyme for "label"
- Hypernym for "label"
- Form for "label"
- Same Context for "label"
- Variant for "label"
- Urban Dictionary for "label"
- Something put most commonly on soup…
- View More