- a little woody legume tree native to New Zealand that yellow blossoms. It's the nationwide flower of New Zealand.
- A shrub or little tree (Sophora tetraptera) of New Zealand and Chile having pendulous racemes of tubular golden-yellow plants; it yields a tough powerful lumber.
- In brand new Zealand, either of two trees of the bean family, Sophora tetraptera and Clianthus puniceus.
- shrub or little tree of New Zealand and Chile having pendulous racemes of tubular golden-yellow flowers; yields a hard strong timber
Definition for "kowhai"
- a little woody legume tree native to New…
Sentence for "kowhai"
Hypernym for "kowhai"