- To ring slowly and solemnly, specifically for a funeral; cost.
- to offer forth a mournful or ominous sound.
- To appear as a knell; especially, to cost at a death or funeral; for this reason, to appear as a warning or bad omen.
- To signal, summon, or proclaim by tolling.
- To summon, as by a knell.
- The sound of a bell knelling; a toll.
- A signal of tragedy or destruction.
- the noise of a bell knelling; a toll.
- The stroke of a bell tolled at a funeral or in the death of an individual; a death signal; a passing bell
- The noise caused by striking a bell; specifically, the noise of a bell rung with solemn slowness at or even for a funeral; a passing-bell.
- the sound of a bell rung gradually to announce a death or a funeral or the end of anything
- to sounds familiar gradually, particularly for a funeral; to cost.
- to signal or proclaim one thing by ringing a bell.
- ring like in announcing death
- make (bells) band, frequently for functions of music edification
- To toll, as a bell; band for or at a funeral; knoll.
- To summon by or just as if by a knell.
- To sound, as a bell, particularly as a funeral bell.
- Hence To sound as an omen or a warning of coming wicked.
- Definition for "knell"
- To ring slowly and solemnly, specifically for a…
- View More
- Sentence for "knell"
- Quotes for "knell"
- "To be clear, climate change is…"
- View More
- Synonym for "knell"
- Verb Forms for "knell"
- Phrases for "knell"
- Rhyme for "knell"
- Hypernym for "knell"
- Form for "knell"
- Same Context for "knell"
- Urban Dictionary for "knell"