- any one of numerous thistles for the genus Centaurea, having variously coloured flowers grouped in a head with a spiny involucre.
- some of different common weeds for the genus Centaurea
- The black colored centaury (Centaurea nigra); -- so-called from knoblike minds of flowers. Called in addition bullweed.
- an over-all title for flowers of genus Centaurea associated with the composite household, as C. Calcitrapa, the star-thistle, and C. Cyanus, bachelor's buttons.
- especially, C. nigra, also called buttonweed, hardhead, loggerhead, and also by some other names.
- some of different flowers for the genus Centaurea having purple thistlelike flowers
Sentence for "knapweed"
Hyponym for "knapweed"
Hypernym for "knapweed"
Variant for "knapweed"