- A large copper or metal hemispherical drum with a parchment head that may be tuned by adjusting the stress.
- a big hemispherical metal percussion tool (one of several timpani) with a drumhead that may be tuned by adjusting its tension.
- A drum made of slim copper by means of a hemispherical kettle, with parchment stretched throughout the lips of it.
- a casual social celebration from which a light collation exists, held inside afternoon or early evening. Cf. Drum, n., 4 and 5.
- A musical instrument used in military groups plus orchestras, consisting of a hollow brass hemisphere from 24 to 30 ins in diameter, over which can be stretched a head of parchment.
- A fashionable mid-day enjoyment written by a lady chiefly to females. It's less formal than an evening party, additionally the ladyguests typically put on bonnets. Additionally drum.
- a sizable hemispherical metal or copper percussion instrument with a drumhead which can be tuned by modifying the strain upon it
- To drum (regarding the kettledrum); appear to be a kettledrum.
- Definition for "kettledrum"
- A large copper or metal hemispherical drum with…
- View More
- Sentence for "kettledrum"
- Synonym for "kettledrum"
- Hypernym for "kettledrum"
- Same Context for "kettledrum"
- Variant for "kettledrum"