- A perciform fish into the household Chironemidae, indigenous to seaside Australia and brand new Zealand.
- a little Ca meals seafood (Heterostichus rostratus), living among kelp. The name can be placed on types of the genus Platyglossus.
- A blennioid seafood, Heterostichus rostratus.
- A labroid seafood, Platyglossus semicinctus, with 9 dorsal spines, and of a greenish-brown color with bright reflections. Extremely common southward along the Lower Californian coast.
- Any seafood associated with the household Ditremidæ, found on the west coast associated with US.
- A name applied to many other, not related fishes residing on the list of kelp, as rock-fish is put on those surviving in rocky places.