- Marked by hearty conviviality and great cheer: a jovial number.
- Pertaining to Jove or Zeus; Jovian.
- related to the planet Jupiter; Jovian.
- consuming our planet Jupiter (considered a source of delight).
- Merry; cheerful and good-humored.
- Of or regarding the god, or perhaps the planet, Jupiter.
- Sunny; serene.
- high in or showing high-spirited merriment
- regarding or characteristic of god Jove or Jupiter; Jove-like; powerful; majestic: as, Jovial qualities.
- Of or related to the earth Jupiter: since, the Jovial satellites.
- In astrology, intoxicated by the earth Jupiter; derived from Jupiter as a natal earth, which, like Jove himself, was considered the origin of delight and delight: because, the Jovial temperament.
- therefore [lowercase] Characterized by cheerfulness or gaiety; joyous; merry; jolly: in opposition to grave: as, a jovial other.
- [lowercase] In alchemy, of or pertaining to tin.
- Synonyms Mirthful, etc. See jolly.
- Definition for "jovial"
- Marked by hearty conviviality and great cheer: a…
- View More
- Sentence for "jovial"
- Quotes for "jovial"
- "Honest good humor is the oil…"
- View More
- Synonym for "jovial"
- Phrases for "jovial"
- Equivalent for "jovial"
- Etymologically Related for "jovial"
- Same Context for "jovial"
- Urban Dictionary for "jovial"