- A stick of incense associated with sort burned before a Chinese picture, idol, or shrine.
- a type of incense burned before a Chinese idol.
- a reed covered with a paste manufactured from the dirt of odoriferous woods, or a cylinder made wholly of paste; -- burned by the Chinese before an idol.
- a little stick or perfumed pastil composed of a hardened paste created from the dust of numerous types of scented wood blended with clay, used in Chinese temples and homes as incense ahead of the idols, as a slow-match in calculating time during the night, for burning pipelines, etc.
- a slender stick of incense burned before a joss because of the Chinese
Hypernym for "joss stick"
- View More