- some thing said or done to stimulate laughter or amusement, especially an amusing tale with a punch range.
- A mischievous technique; a prank.
- An amusing or ludicrous event or scenario.
- Informal One thing not to ever be taken really; a triviality: The accident ended up being no laughing matter.
- Informal An object of entertainment or laughter; a laughingstock: their loud wrap ended up being the joke of the office.
- An amusing story.
- One thing said or done for entertainment.
- the primary cause or primary problem, especially an urgent one
- A worthless thing or individual.
- Something said in the interests of exciting a laugh; one thing witty or sportive (commonly indicating more of hilarity or humor than jest); a jest; a witticism.
- some thing not stated seriously, or perhaps not in fact meant; some thing carried out in sport.
- some thing said or done with regard to interesting laughter; some amusing or sportive comment or act; a jest; in addition, jesting; raillery.
- Something maybe not real, or to no function; what is not in earnest or in fact meant; an illusion.
- Synonyms See jest.
- a triviality never to be used really
- a humorous anecdote or remark intended to trigger laughter
- a ludicrous or grotesque act done for enjoyable and enjoyment
- task described as great laughter
- to share with or play jokes; jest.
- To talk in fun; be facetious.
- doing some thing for sport, or as a joke; become merry in terms or actions; to jest.
- to help make enjoyable of; tease.
- to create merry with; in order to make jokes upon; to rally; to banter.
- to accomplish or say some thing for humourous amusement rather than seriously.
- tell bull crap; speak humorously
- work in a funny or teasing method
- To jest; make merry about something.
- To throw jokes at; make merry with; rally: as, to joke a man about his love-affairs.
- Definition for "joke"
- some thing said or done to stimulate laughter…
- View More
- Sentence for "joke"
- Quotes for "joke"
- "I was making my living from…"
- View More
- Synonym for "joke"
- Verb Forms for "joke"
- Phrases for "joke"
- Rhyme for "joke"
- Hypernym for "joke"
- Cross Reference for "joke"
- Etymologically Related for "joke"
- Form for "joke"
- Same Context for "joke"