- The larva of particular wasps regarding the household Eurytomidae, specially of Harmolita tritici, that infest grains and trigger difficult swellings near the first joint regarding the stems.
- The larva of a hymenopterous fly, found in gall-like swellings on wheatstalks, often across the very first joint.
- The larva of a tiny, hymenopterous fly (Eurytoma hordei), which is present in gall-like swellings in the stalks of wheat, usually at or simply just over the first joint. In some components of The united states it does great injury to the crop.
- A jointed worm; an intestinal worm regarding the genus Tænia; a tapeworm. See cut-under Tænia.
- The larva of a chalcid hymenopterous parasite of genus Isosoma, as I. hordei, which can be very destructive to plants of barley, grain, and rye in america.
- larva of chalcid flies harmful into the straw of grain alongside grains
Hypernym for "jointworm"
- View More