- A fabric with an intricately woven structure.
- a particular loom or perhaps the strategy employed in the weaving of a figured material.
- Fabric woven on a jacquard loom.
- Fabric resembling a jacquard, but woven by an alternative process.
- A jacquard loom.
- An abbreviation of Jacquard loom or Jacquard accessory (which see, under loom).
- an extremely figured textile woven on a Jacquard loom
- French inventor of the Jacquard loom which could instantly weave complicated habits (1752-1834)
- a loom with an attachment for forming spaces when it comes to passage through of the shuttle between the warp threads; utilized in weaving figured fabrics
- Of or related to a jacquard loom and/or material it creates.
- related to, or developed by, Jacquard, a French mechanician, which passed away in 1834.
Sentence for "jacquard"
Hypernym for "jacquard"
Equivalent for "jacquard"
Same Context for "jacquard"