- a vintage World wading bird (Limnocryptes minima) having brown plumage and a lengthy bill.
- some of a few similar "" new world "" wading wild birds.
- Lymnocryptes minimus, a migratory tiny stocky wader, the smallest associated with the snipes.
- view into the Vocabulary.
- A small European snipe (Limnocryptes gallinula); -- labeled as also judcock, jedcock, juddock, jed, and half snipe.
- A small US sandpiper (Tringa maculata); -- labeled as in addition pectoral sandpiper, and lawn snipe.
- See Jacksnipe.
- The lower snipe or half-snipe, Scolopax or Gallinago gallinula. Also referred to as judcock, juddock.
- the normal American snipe, Gallinago wilsoni.
- The pectoral sandpiper, Tringa maculata.
- The dunlin or purre, Tringa alpina.
- a little short-billed Old World snipe
- United states sandpiper that inflates its upper body when courting
Sentence for "jacksnipe"
- That gun accounted for many squirrels,…
Hypernym for "jacksnipe"
Variant for "jacksnipe"