- A jack operated by a screw. Also known as screw jack.
- A jack (mechanical lifting device) which can be managed by-turning a leadscrew.
- A jack by which a screw is used for lifting, or applying force. See Illust. of 2d jack, n., 5.
- See jack, 11 .
- The screw-mechanism forming part of a dental tool called a screw-jack (which see), for managing tooth.
- screw-operated jack
Sentence for "jackscrew"
Hypernym for "jackscrew"
Variant for "jackscrew"
Urban Dictionary for "jackscrew"
- A derogatory term used connoting uselessness…