- A land size, particularly one smaller than a continent, entirely surrounded by liquid.
- some thing resembling an island, particularly in being separated or encircled, as:
- An unattached cooking area counter providing comfortable access from all sides.
- an increasing curbed location, usually regularly delineate rows of parking spaces or lanes of traffic.
- The superstructure of a ship, specifically an aircraft company.
- physiology A cluster of cells differing in framework or purpose from the cells constituting the encompassing muscle.
- A contiguous part of land, smaller compared to a continent, totally enclosed by liquid.
- An entity surrounded by various other entities which can be completely different from it self.
- A superstructure on an aircraft carrier's deck
- A traffic area.
- A tract of land-surrounded by-water, and smaller than a continent. Cf. Continent.
- something thought to be resembling an island.
- See Isle, n., 2.
- A tract of land-surrounded by-water, whether of the sea, a river, or a lake: in contradistinction to mainland or continent.
- One thing resembling an island: as, an island of drifting ice.
- A hill increasing away from reduced ground or swampy land, a tiny clump of woodland in a prairie, or even the like.
- A meringue of white of egg and sugar drifting in divisions upon soft custard.
- In structure, any circumscribed portion of muscle or aggregation of cells differing in framework from the surrounding parts.
- a zone or area resembling an island
- a land mass (smaller compared to a continent) that is in the middle of liquid
- which will make into or just as if into an island; insulate: a secluded mansion, islanded by shrubbery and fences.
- resulting in to become or even to resemble an island; to produce an island or countries of; to isle.
- To furnish with an island or with countries.
- To surround with liquid; make into an island
- setting, dot (like) with countries
- To isolate
- resulting in to be or look like an island; insulate.
- To dot just like countries.
- See Iceland, Iceland dog.
- Isolated; separate.
- Definition for "island"
- A land size, particularly one smaller than a…
- View More
- Sentence for "island"
- Abyssinian coast, and anchored at night…
- View More
- Quotes for "island"
- "The general knowledge of time on…"
- View More
- Synonym for "island"
- Antonym for "island"
- Verb Forms for "island"
- Phrases for "island"
- Rhyme for "island"
- Cross Reference for "island"
- Etymologically Related for "island"
- Same Context for "island"
- Variant for "island"
- Urban Dictionary for "island"