- A proposition, plan, or treatise built to promote comfort, particularly in the church.
- The deacon's litany or great synapte at the start of the liturgy associated with the Orthodox Church.
- A proposition or device for securing comfort, particularly in the chapel.
- A proposition, system, or treatise designed to promote serenity, particularly in the church.
- plural The deacon's litany (diaconica) or great synapte at the start of the liturgy of this Greek Church: called from the petitions “In peace let us pray regarding the Lord … the comfort from above … for comfort of entire globe … why don't we pray, etc.” (reaction “Kyrie eleison”), with which it starts.
Sentence for "irenicon"
- Then, training up a band of…
- View More