- To produce or contrive (some thing formerly unknown) by way of ingenuity or imagination.
- to create up; fabricate: invent a likely reason.
- in the future or light upon; to satisfy; locate.
- to see, as by study or query; to find out; to create; to contrive or produce for the first time; -- applied frequently into breakthrough of some serviceable mode, instrument, or device.
- To frame by the imagination; to fabricate psychologically; to forge; -- in a good or a bad good sense
- to style an innovative new process or process.
- to generate something imaginary for a certain function.
- in the future upon; to locate; to learn; to find out.
- come up with (a concept, program, explanation, theory, or principle) after a mental effort
- make-up one thing synthetic or false
- To come upon; light upon; meet with; discover.
- To find out by original study or contrivance; make by a unique use or mixture of means; develop the shape, building, composition, technique, or principle of.
- generally, to make by contrivance; fabricate; concoet; create: as, to invent the story of an account; to create a justification or a falsehood.
- Synonyms 2 and 3. Discover, Invent. See find and creation.
- Definition for "invent"
- To produce or contrive (some thing formerly unknown)…
- View More
- Sentence for "invent"
- Quotes for "invent"
- "The best way to predict the…"
- View More
- Synonym for "invent"
- Antonym for "invent"
- Verb Forms for "invent"
- Phrases for "invent"
- Rhyme for "invent"
- Hypernym for "invent"
- Etymologically Related for "invent"
- Same Context for "invent"