- A hymn or psalm sung when the ministers enter during the orifice of something, especially in the Anglican Church.
- Roman Catholic Church the start of the Mass, frequently composed of an antiphon, a psalm verse, therefore the Gloria Patri.
- an integral part of a psalm or other percentage of Scripture read by the priest at Mass just after ascending on altar.
- An anthem or psalm sung prior to the Communion solution.
- Any composition of singing songs proper into the orifice of chapel services.
- A going in.
- A psalm sung or chanted immediately prior to the attain, epistle, and gospel, and while the priest is entering in the rails for the altar.
- an integral part of a psalm or any other portion of Scripture read because of the priest at Mass right after ascending towards altar.
- An anthem or psalm sung ahead of the Communion solution.
- Any composition of vocal music proper on opening of church solutions.
- In liturgics, an antiphon sung because of the priest and choir as priest gets near the altar to celebrate the size or communion.
- a composition of vocal music this is certainly right for opening chapel services
Definition for "introit"
- A hymn or psalm sung when the ministers…
Sentence for "introit"
Hypernym for "introit"