- To suspend or cause to suspend activity temporarily or sporadically.
- resulting in to cease for some time, or at periods; to interrupt; to suspend.
- To interrupt, to prevent or stop briefly or sporadically; to suspend.
- stop an action temporarily
- To stop for some time or at periods; to moderate; is periodic, as a fever.
- to place a temporary stop to; suspend or wait; interrupt: because, to intermit a person's attempts.
- To omit; pass by or over; neglect.
- To cease or break-off for some time; visited a temporary end; stop or pause at periods: because, a spring that intermits as soon as in three minutes; an intermitting pulse.
- Synonyms Subside, etc. See abate.
- Definition for "intermit"
- To suspend or cause to suspend activity temporarily…
- View More
- Sentence for "intermit"
- Synonym for "intermit"
- Antonym for "intermit"
- Verb Forms for "intermit"
- Etymologically Related for "intermit"
- Form for "intermit"
- Variant for "intermit"