- a period of time placed into a calendar as in a leap 12 months.
- The reversible insertion of a molecule between two others
- A layer introduced into a pre-existing series
- The insertion of each and every day, or other portion of time, in a calendar.
- The insertion or introduction of anything and others, whilst the insertion of a phrase, line, or verse in a metrical composition
- In chronology, the state insertion of more time, as on a daily basis or monthly, inside regular reckoning regarding the schedule, to help make the year of correct size. See intercalary, 1.
- therefore The insertion of any such thing between other stuff; irregular interposition or interjection, as, in geology, the intrusion of layers or bedrooms between the regular stones of a set.
- an insertion into a calendar
- Definition for "intercalation"
- a period of time placed into a calendar…
- View More
- Sentence for "intercalation"
- Hypernym for "intercalation"
- Cross Reference for "intercalation"
- Etymologically Related for "intercalation"
- Same Context for "intercalation"