- An inward swing, especially a piston stroke moving away from the crankshaft.
- An inward swing; specif., in a steam or other engine, a stroke where piston is moving away from the crank shaft; -- in opposition to outstroke.
- In an engine, that stroke where the plunger goes into to the cylinder; in a single-acting motor, the exhaust swing.
- the stroke of an engine piston leaving the crankshaft
Sentence for "instroke"
- The instroke of the motor compresses…
Antonym for "instroke"
Hypernym for "instroke"