- A stone utilized in Chinese calligraphy and painting for grinding dry ink and combining it with liquid.
- A stone employed by Chinese music artists and calligraphers to grind dry ink then to mix it with water.
- A kind of stone containing local vitriol or sulphate of metal, found in making ink.
- local copperas or iron sulphate (also called metal vitriol and, in mineralogy, melanterite), or a stone containing this substance: utilized in making ink.
- A slab of record, occasionally of marble or any other rock, useful for massaging down the Chinese and Japanese solid-ink understood in Europe as Asia ink, generally made with a gradual pitch terminating in a well at one end. Sometimes it is created all over side, or features a border of sculpture. See writing-box.
Sentence for "inkstone"
- I work with an ink brush,…
- View More