- Of, concerning, or happening in the beginning; first: took the initial step toward peace.
- Designating the very first letter or letters of a word.
- Chronologically initially, early; of or related to the start, cause or beginning
- Spatially first, put in the beginning, in the first place; specially stated regarding the very first letter of a word
- Of or with respect to first; establishing the commencement; incipient; commencing.
- applied at the start; standing at the head, since a listing or show.
- occurring at the start
- the initial letter of a suitable name.
- initial letter of each and every word of your name considered as a unit: stationery monogrammed along with her initials.
- the initial letter of a term.
- a big, frequently highly embellished letter set at the beginning of a chapter, verse, or paragraph.
- 1st letter of a word or a name.
- In plural, the first letter of every word of an individual's name considered as a unit
- A distinguished initial page of a chapter or area of a document.
- beginning, section of a syllable that precedes the syllable nucleus in phonetics and phonology.
- the very first page of a word or a name.
- The initial or very first page of a word; a short page.
- initial letter of a novel or writing, or of every division of it, distinguished from human anatomy associated with the text by larger dimensions or higher decorative character, or both.
- In plain-song, a tone with which a melody may begin. In rigid usage the initials for each mode are recommended, and labeled as absolute initials.
- In steam-engines, an abbreviation of initial pressure (which see).
- the very first letter of a word (especially an individual's name)
- To mark or signal with initials, especially for reasons of authorization or approval.
- to place an initial to; to mark with a short of initials.
- To signal a person's initial(s), as an abbreviated trademark.
- mark with an individual's initials
- Of or with respect to the start; incipient: since, step one in a proceeding.
- Placed at the start; standing in the head: since, the initial letter of a word, or of a chapter in a novel.
- to place one's preliminary or initials to or on; indication or mark with initials: as, an initialed handkerchief; initialed paper.
- Definition for "initial"
- Of, concerning, or happening in the beginning; first:…
- View More
- Sentence for "initial"
- Investigators say they met with Shawn…
- View More
- Quotes for "initial"
- "If you're talking to an architect,…"
- View More
- Synonym for "initial"
- Antonym for "initial"
- Verb Forms for "initial"
- Phrases for "initial"
- Rhyme for "initial"
- Hypernym for "initial"
- Cross Reference for "initial"
- Equivalent for "initial"
- Etymologically Related for "initial"
- Form for "initial"
- Same Context for "initial"
- Variant for "initial"