- To Correct profoundly or indelibly, as with your brain: "A Method that were ingrained for years couldn't be easily undone by vary from the top” ( Doris Kearns Goodwin).
- Archaic To dye or stain into the fibre of.
- To color with or perhaps in whole grain or kermes.
- To dye within the whole grain, or before manufacture.
- to function into the normal texture or to the mental or moral constitution of; to stain; to saturate; to imbue; to infix deeply.
- made from predyed materials; completely dyed: ingrain yarn.
- manufactured from fiber or yarn dyed before weaving. Used particularly of rugs.
- Dyed with grain, or kermes.
- Dyed before make, -- said of this product of a textile fabric; hence, overall, completely inwrought; creating an essential the main material.
- Yarn or fibre dyed before make.
- An ingrain rug or carpeting.
- of a quick shade; deeply seated; fixed; innate; genuine.
- An ingrain material, as a carpet.
- A yarn or fabric dyed with quick colors before manufacture.
- one fourth of a chaldron of coals provided in excess of the measure if the total surpasses 5 chaldrons.
- to produce something deeply element of something else, either virtually or figuratively.
- carefully work with
- create or attempt to create a vivid effect of
- To dye with grain or the scarlet dye made by the kermes-insect; hence, from permanence and quality for this dye, to color in virtually any deep, permanent, or suffering color.
- To dye into the grain or natural product before make.
- For this reason to get results to the natural texture; imbue carefully; impregnate the complete substance or nature of, whilst the brain.
- To lay on, as shade.
- Synonyms Ingrained, Inbred, Inborn, etc. See built-in.
- Dyed with grain or kermes. See grain, 11.
- colored into the yarn or thread before manufacture: said of a textile material.
- from the fabric right from the start; imparted to it in thread or yarn: said of a color found in dyeing.
- Definition for "ingrain"
- To Correct profoundly or indelibly, as with your…
- View More
- Sentence for "ingrain"
- Almost the best of modern inventions…
- View More
- Synonym for "ingrain"
- Verb Forms for "ingrain"
- Hypernym for "ingrain"
- Cross Reference for "ingrain"
- Same Context for "ingrain"