- An enclosing membrane, as that since the sorus of a fern.
- A protecting membrane layer, especially that since the developing spores of a fern
- an accumulation hairs united in order to form a kind of cup, and inclosing the stigma of a flower.
- The immediate covering of the fresh fruit dots or sori in a lot of ferns, generally a really slim scale attached by the center or side to a veinlet.
- A peculiar covering within certain fungi.
- In Roman antiquity, one of many two tunics frequently donned by both women and men, most likely the external tunic, while some archæologists have contended it was the inner tunic regarding the ladies.
- In botany:
- In entomology, the coating or covering of a larval insect, while the situation of a caddis-worm.
- In physiology, the amnion, the innermost membrane layer enveloping the fetus.
- A layer of grey matter within the corpus callosum inside mind: also indusium griseum.
- among the embryonic envelops developed, besides the amnion and serosa in some bugs, including the
- a membrane enclosing and safeguarding the building spores particularly that within the sori of a fern
Sentence for "indusium"
Hypernym for "indusium"
Cross Reference for "indusium"
Variant for "indusium"