- The fossil remains of an organism that lived-in a certain geologic age, regularly recognize or date the stone or rock level for which it really is discovered. Also referred to as guide fossil.
- Any ancient stays of a plant or animal that lived during a certain geological period and that can be used to time the containing stones.
- a fossil proven to have lived in a particular geologic age you can use currently the stone level for which its found
- Definition for "index fossil"
- The fossil remains of an organism that lived-in…
- View More
- Hypernym for "index fossil"