- Imposed as an obligation or task; obligatory: believed it absolutely was incumbent on people to assist.
- Lying, tilting, or resting on another thing: incumbent rock strata.
- Currently holding a specified company: the incumbent mayor.
- Imposed on someone as an obligation, especially because of one's office.
- Resting on something else.
- Being the existing holder of an office or a title.
- Lying; resting; reclining; recumbent; superimposed; superincumbent.
- Lying, resting, or enforced, as a duty or obligation; obligatory; always with on or upon.
- tilting or resting; -- said of anthers whenever lying regarding internal side of the filament, or of cotyledons when the radicle lies from the back of one of those.
- Bent downwards so that the ends touch, or sleep on, something different.
- at this time keeping an office
- lying or tilting on something different
- needed (for somebody) as a duty or obligation; morally binding
- someone who keeps an office or ecclesiastical benefice: The incumbent was reelected to another term.
- current owner of an office, such as for example ecclesiastical benefice or an elected company.
- A holder of a position as provider to market or marketplace part that enables the holder to earn above-normal earnings.
- somebody who is in present ownership of a benefice or of any company.
- a person who discharges stated functions; the owner of an office of any kind; especially, one that discharges ecclesiastical features; one that holds a benefice.
- the state which holds an office
- Lying or resting on something.
- Lying, tilting, or resting lengthwise, in whole or in part, upon a surface to which there is certainly just one point of actual accessory or none.
- Lying or resting as a duty or responsibility; enforced, and pressing to overall performance.
- In geology, resting upon: stated of 1 series of strata that is sustained by a subjacent one.
- Definition for "incumbent"
- Imposed as an obligation or task; obligatory: believed…
- View More
- Sentence for "incumbent"
- Quotes for "incumbent"
- "If I were running to be…"
- View More
- Synonym for "incumbent"
- Phrases for "incumbent"
- Cross Reference for "incumbent"
- Equivalent for "incumbent"
- Same Context for "incumbent"
- Urban Dictionary for "incumbent"
- It really is some big-educated term…
- View More