- Having a recessed portico with a row of columns between the antae, as in some Greek temples.
- Of or being the portico or articles in such an arrangement.
- Between antae; stated of a portico in traditional design, in which articles are set between two antae, forming the perspectives of building.
- Between antæ; -- said of a portico in ancient design, in which columns are set between two antæ, developing the perspectives associated with the building. See anta.
- In classical arch., between antæ or pilasters: a phrase noting porticoes or buildings without a peristyle, that the side walls tend to be extended beyond leading, forming antæ, which with articles among them help an entablature. See anta.
Variant for "in antis"
- View More