- To beset with insistent or duplicated requests; entreat pressingly.
- Archaic to inquire of for urgently or over and over repeatedly.
- To annoy; vex.
- To request or obtain, with urgency; to hit with frequent, unreasonable, or troublesome application or pertinacity; therefore, to tease; to irritate; to fret.
- To import; to represent.
- To plead or urge irksomely, often persistently. See Synonyms at beg.
- Grievous, severe, exacting.
- inopportune; unseasonable
- troublesome; vexatious; persistent
- Inopportune; unseasonable.
- Troublesome; vexatious; persistent; immediate; for this reason, vexatious due to untimely urgency or pertinacious solicitation.
- To bother, difficulty, irritate.
- To harass with persistent requests.
- To method of provide an individual's services as a prostitute, or else make inappropriate proposals.
- beg persistently and urgently
- Unseasonable; inopportune; untimely.
- To press or harass with solicitation; ply or beset with unremitting petitions or demands; crave or require persistently.
- To crave or need persistently; beg for urgently.
- To annoy; irritate; molest.
- [A false usage, by confusion with import.] To import; signify; imply.
- Synonyms Request, Beg, Tease (see ask); appeal to, plead with, beset, desire, plague, worry, hit, dun.
- to produce demands or demands urgently and persistently.
- An importunate individual; one offensively persistent.
- Definition for "importune"
- To beset with insistent or duplicated requests; entreat…
- View More
- Sentence for "importune"
- WORDS ACCENTED ON THE LAST SYLLABLE:…
- View More
- Synonym for "importune"
- Verb Forms for "importune"
- Hyponym for "importune"
- Hypernym for "importune"
- Same Context for "importune"