- To clarify, as by using instances or comparisons: The editor illustrated the definition with a good example sentence.
- To make clear by providing for example or comparison: The example phrase illustrated the meaning associated with term.
- to deliver (a publication) with explanatory or ornamental features: illustrated the guide with colorful drawings.
- Obsolete To illuminate.
- which will make clear, bright, or luminous.
- to create in an obvious light; to exhibit distinctly or conspicuously.
- To make obvious, intelligible, or apprehensible; to elucidate, explain, or exemplify, as in the shape of numbers, comparisons, and instances.
- To decorate with images, as a book or a topic; to elucidate with images, as a history or a romance.
- to offer renown or honor to; to produce illustrious; to glorify.
- to provide a clarification, instance, or description.
- To shed light upon; to illuminate.
- To clarify some thing by providing, or providing as, a good example or an assessment.
- to supply a novel or any other book with images, diagrams or any other explanatory or ornamental features.
- illustrate with an illustration
- supply with pictures
- clarify by giving a typical example of
- Illustrated; distinguished; illustrious.
- To illuminate; explain, bright, or luminous.
- to provide honor or difference to; make distinguished or illustrious; glorify.
- to create plain and conspicuous to the mind; show clearly; additionally, to produce obvious or intelligible; elucidate.
- To elucidate or ornament in the shape of images, drawings, etc.
- Famous; celebrated; illustrious.
- Definition for "illustrate"
- To clarify, as by using instances or comparisons:…
- View More
- Sentence for "illustrate"
- Quotes for "illustrate"
- "To enlarge or illustrate this power…"
- View More
- Synonym for "illustrate"
- Verb Forms for "illustrate"
- Phrases for "illustrate"
- Hypernym for "illustrate"
- Cross Reference for "illustrate"
- Same Context for "illustrate"