- any one of various woods or shrubs for the genus Ilex; holly.
- holm oak (Quercus ilex)
- any one of several trees or bushes regarding the genus Ilex
- The holm-oak (Quercus Ilex).
- A genus of evergreen trees and shrubs, like the common holly.
- A genus of timber, of this natural order Ilicineæ, or holly tribe.
- [lowercase] A tree or shrub with this genus.
- The holm-oak or holly-oak, Quercus Ilex, the leaves of which notably resemble those of the genus Ilex. See slice (fig. 4) under oak, 1.
- a sizable genus of dicotyledonous bushes of household Aquifoliaceae which have tiny blossoms and fruits (including hollies)
Definition for "ilex"
- any one of various woods or shrubs for…
Sentence for "ilex"
- These include species of Fagaceae, in…
Hypernym for "ilex"
Same Context for "ilex"