- A gear, wheel, or roller interposed between two similar parts to mention movement from a single to the other without improvement in rate or course of motion.
- See idle pulley.
- A wheel (C, fig. 1) put between two other people (A and B) for the intended purpose of transferring the motion from one axis to another without change of direction; a carrier-wheel.
- A wheel that performs a duty other than the transmission of power, as conservation of a strain on a belt, etc.
- a pulley on a shaft that presses against helpful tips gear to guide or tighten it
- a gear wheel placed between two other people, to transfer motion from 1 to the other without switching the direction of transformation.
Definition for "idle wheel"
- A gear, wheel, or roller interposed between two…
Hypernym for "idle wheel"