- a big, level expanse of floating ice that's significantly more than eight kilometers (five kilometers) in its greatest measurement.
- a network of interconnected glaciers or ice streams having a common source
- a large expanse of drifting ice (a few kilometers very long)
- a thorough sheet of ice.
- outstanding sheet or floe of ice, in some instances therefore considerable in arctic seas that its limitations is not seen through the masthead.
- a large flat size of ice (bigger than an ice floe) drifting at water
Hypernym for "ice field"
Same Context for "ice field"