- Soaring too high for security, like Icarus; daring in flight.
- Pertaining or concerning Icarus, the child of Dædalus, which, to escape the wrath of Minos, is fabled in Greek legend to possess fled from Crete together with dad on wings fastened on with wax.
- Relating to Icarus or Icaria, now Nikaria, an island into the Icarian ocean, near Samos.
- Of or regarding Icaria, a deme of Attica occupying a valley behind Pentelicus, noted due to the fact home of Thespis, the reputed president of Greek tragedy, and as the standard birth-place regarding the drama as well as the cult of Dionysus in Attica.
- Pertaining or regarding Icaria, an imaginary nation where an ideally perfect communism prevailed, explained within the work “Voyage to Icaria” (Voyage en Icarie), posted by the French communist Etienne Cabet in 1840; pertaining or relating to the axioms set forth in this work.
- An inhabitant of Icaria.
- A follower of the communist Cabet; a settler in an Icarian commune.
Sentence for "icarian"
- Or perhaps it's simply etymology: the…
- View More