- A woody Eurasian plant (Hyssopus officinalis) having surges of small blue plants and aromatic leaves found in perfumery and also as a condiment.
- Any of a few similar or associated plants.
- An unidentified plant pointed out when you look at the Bible as way to obtain twigs utilized for sprinkling using Hebraic purificatory rites.
- some of a number of aromatic bushy herbs, associated with the genus Hyssopus, native to Southern Europe as soon as used medicinally
- some of a few comparable flowers
- The sage brush
- A plant (Hyssopus officinalis). The leaves have an aromatic scent, and a warm, pungent style.
- A Tiny bushy natural herb of the genus Hyssopus, all-natural purchase Labiateæ.
- In Scripture, a plant the twigs of which were used for sprinkling into the service of purification.
- Eccles., identical to aspersorium, See quote from Preseott under aspersion, 1.
- inside western United States. sage-brush, Artemisia.
- sour leaves utilized sparingly in salads; dried plants found in soups and tisanes
- a European mint with aromatic and pungent leaves utilized in perfumery and also as a seasoning in cookery; often developed as a fix for bruises; yields hyssop oil
- Definition for "hyssop"
- A woody Eurasian plant (Hyssopus officinalis) having surges…
- View More
- Sentence for "hyssop"
- Though well known in ancient times,…
- View More
- Hypernym for "hyssop"
- Cross Reference for "hyssop"
- Form for "hyssop"
- Same Context for "hyssop"