- In Scotland, a landlord's right within the stocking (cattle, implements, etc.), and crops of his tenant, as safety for payment of lease.
- every little thing; the entire lot.
- A landlord's right, independently of stipulation, across stocking (cattle, implements, etc.), and crops of his tenant, as protection for repayment of lease.
- identical to hypothecation, 1.
- In Scots law, a legal lien given to a creditor upon residential property, to secure the payment of their demand.
Sentence for "hypothec"
Etymologically Related for "hypothec"