- Having an extra syllable or syllables after a metrically full distinct verse or perhaps in a metrical base.
- which includes a supplementary syllable added to the last dipody (foot of a verse).
- Having a syllable or two beyond measure.
- (verse) having an extra syllable or syllables at the conclusion of a metrically total verse or perhaps in a metrical base
- In prosody, having yet another syllable or half-foot (thesis or arsis) after the last full dipody: since, a hypercatalectic colon or verse.
- (prosody) a line of poetry having an additional syllable or syllables after the last metrical foot
- Definition for "hypercatalectic"
- Having an extra syllable or syllables after a…
- View More
- Sentence for "hypercatalectic"
- Hypernym for "hypercatalectic"
- Etymologically Related for "hypercatalectic"
- Form for "hypercatalectic"