- some of a collection of six features related, for a proper or complex adjustable x, on hyperbola in a way analogous on relationship of this trigonometric functions to a circle, including:
- The hyperbolic sine, defined because of the equation sinh x = 1/2 (ex - e-x).
- The hyperbolic cosine, defined because of the equation cosh x = 1/2 (ex + e-x).
- The hyperbolic tangent, defined because of the equation tanh x = sinh x/cosh x.
- The hyperbolic cotangent, defined by the equation coth x = cosh x/sinh x.
- The hyperbolic secant, defined by the equation sech x = 1/cosh x.
- The hyperbolic cosecant, defined by the equation csch x = 1/sinh x.
- A function this is certainly produced from some arithmetic functions from the exponential purpose with base age additionally the inverse purpose, and had been called following the corresponding comparable trigonometric purpose.
Etymologically Related for "hyperbolic function"
- hyperbolic tangent
- View More